There are newer employer reviews for Fenwick & West

Fenwick & West once a great firm

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Fenwick & West

Pros

The firm was a very good place to work. Things have changed and not for the better. To much favoritism for the younger staff and not for professionlism or competence.

Cons

The management is blind to what some employees do. Many employees are hard workers and not "in your face" social butterflies. Yet management seems to prefer the social butterflies to the hard workers. Especially the ones that brown nose them.

Senior Management should really stand back and take a good look at the managers they have in place and realize that some of them are not people persons and treat their staff with disdain and sometimes cruelly. Once a leopard always a leopard and the spots will never change. You can take a panther and tame it and domesticate it, but in reality it is still a panther and their inate being is to be a panther. Hopefully before the firm collapses because of this blindness, Senior management will wake up to the fact that management is letting go of some really good employees and keeping the young, thin, but very incompetent ones.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Fenwick & West (View Most Recent)

Okay.

I worked at Fenwick & West

Pros

Good compensation and decent benefits.

Cons

Bill, bill, bill. All the time.

Fantastic tech-focused law firm.

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Fenwick & West

Pros

The people are fantastic. Everyone is kind and friendly, and even the most important partners take an interest in the associates. We also have really great tech clients and we are involved in some of the largest deals in the silicon valley.

Cons

Like every big law firm, the hours are very long, and you are "on-call" all the time. Since we are on number of clients/deals at any particular time, there is a lot of juggling involved.

There are newer employer reviews for Fenwick & West

Worked for Fenwick & West? Contribute to the Community!