There are newer employer reviews for Fenwick & West

Stratified

Former Employee - Secretary in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Secretary in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fenwick & West full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The San Francisco office at least is in a lovely location, and the interior decoration is nice.

Cons

It's very stratified. Although attorneys depend on administrative staff, the two classes of employees are treated completely differently, not only in terms of respect but in the matter of what benefits each is eligible to receive. It makes it difficult to have a cohesive work culture.

You may have employees performing different functions, and of course the attorneys should be more highly compensated, but unless you can do without the administrative staff you should make it clear that they're valued. Solicit and listen to their opinions.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Fenwick & West (View Most Recent)

Great place for High Tech professionals

I have been working at Fenwick & West

Pros

Fenwick is a great and fun place to work. Employees are treated fairly, pay and benefits are good. They are on the leading edge of business technology and always looking to improve. The workload can be heavy at times, but is well balanced.

Cons

One could almost say good to a fault... The employees tend to stick around a long time, so there may not be a ton of room for advancement fresh ideas coming in.

Great place to LEARN with great management

I have been working at Fenwick & West

Pros

My co-workers are very warm and caring people. I am open to ask questions to my managers and get suggestions/advice/answers. That is completely different from the last firm, question for a question that ended up making me feel stupid. The benefits of kitchen things like milk, half & half, coffee (Peets and Starbucks), sodas always a plus. Beautiful building with great views of Mountain View, CA.

Working for an amazing and inspiring legal firm in the bay area. You can learn a lot from management, the work that you are involved in, and be inspired by management skills. Big clients, internationally involved, very green, and great people to share ideas and learn from everyone.

Cons

No growth opportunity yet in my department.

Keep up the great work. I enjoyed my temp position and hope to be perm in the near future. Proud to work for Fenwick & West.

There are newer employer reviews for Fenwick & West