Fermilab
www.fnal.gov Batavia, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great environment to work and learn as a young professional.

I have been working at Fermilab full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits, great and knowlegdeable individuals to work with and learn from. Fermilab is a great place to gain experience. The work hardly ever gets boring and most of all, you get to think out of the box all the time coming up with designs for intruments that are very unique.

ConsCan be a little laid back. The initial salary is competitive and up there with industry, but actually salary growth can be slow. Moving up the ranks can take some time too, but technical accuity is important for moving up over here.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing a great job.

Mentally Challenging, but Wallet Challenging

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Fermilab full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I enjoy the work, lots of variety, The great work environment of the past is rapidly disappearing. I enjoy the vast majority… Cons: Low Salaries, which did NOT keep up with neighboring industry. The original great benefits have been chipped away to below average benefits at best. With… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of the current employees. Once broken up,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fermilab - used to be a great place to work

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fermilab full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: work with some of the smartest folks on the planet.… Cons: The computing division is very silo'd. You will get good at your one job, but will have your hand slapped if you get caught trying… Advice to Senior Management: Stop re-orging. Silo'd organizations are outdated. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Fermilab.

Worked for Fermilab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fermilab reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fermilab CEO Piermaria J. Oddone. All reviews posted anonymously by Fermilab employees.