Ferno-Washington

www.ferno.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ferno-Washington

Good learning experience, but as gas prices rise hardly worth the commute.

I worked at Ferno-Washington

Pros

Young group of motivated engineers. People are nice.
Cool products, state of the art ambulance cots.
Good hardware and software. Latest 3D CAD, 3D printer.
Engineers did get a raise dispite company-wide no raise policy.
Everyone in the company receives a bonus based on company's performance. (over 5% my 2 years)

I left the company on May 13th to move back to my hometown for my wife's job, otherwise I would still be working here. Another review seems to be pretending to me and is much more negative than I am, probably a disgruntled current or former employee.

Cons

Company is in the middle of nowhere.
Engineering area needs renovated. (Supposed to be happening in the near future)
1 hour+ commute from Columbus, Cincy, or Dayton
45+ hours a week expected, but I never worked more than 45 and was not penalized.
Salary seemed competitive, but I received at 10k+ raise with better benefits upon leaving.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Ferno-Washington (View Most Recent)

Join this comany at your own risk

I worked at Ferno-Washington

Pros

Medical company always in profits
    nice to work on lifesaving products

Cons

Company has been in profits but they have new policy NO raises
    Mandatory to work 50 hours per week and now they want everyone t come in on Saturdays
    No appreciation. Promise false bonuses for extra work but don't give ay
    Highly hypo critic management
    Salaries are okay but if there is no raise and the company is in the middle of no where..you don't even have money to pay for gas
    Especially if the Vice president demands engineers should come even on saturdays
    I worked here for 2 years and i am moving on to another company with 15k raise and much better benefits

Hire more people if you add projects don't beat engineers down to death
    Talk to your engineers, listen to them and respect them
    Donot keep saying if you dont do the work , you will be fired and i can hire so many people available to do your job

Excellent Company

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a natural tension in the air at Ferno and it revolves around the soon to be released EMS product that we have all worked on day and night to make perfect. Ferno has designed a game changer in the EMS market and we can't wait to start seeing it in action.

As a fairly new employee, I learned a lot about seeing things though and committing to providing the very best product you can to your customers. The people at Ferno get it and know the customer is king. If you want to work with creative, fun and just plain hard working prople this is the place for you. As a whole, folks get along. If not, they work it out.

Cons

The company is very fair with it's all employees bonus, but I would like to see equal emphasis put on individual contributions as well. We are growing. If you want to work at a place like Ferno, check us out.

There are newer employer reviews for Ferno-Washington