Ferrellgas Partners

www.ferrellgas.com
  www.ferrellgas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ferrellgas Partners

Family Feel with Great Benefits

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Ferrellgas for over 12 years and I can honestly say I look forward to going to work every day. Although this is a large company with locations nationwide our local office feels like a family and that is how the folks at the corporate office have always treated me. I like the "open door" policy that our CEO has and anytime I've ever emailed him I've always gotten a speedy answer. A couple of times over the years the answer came via a personal phone call! It feels good to work for a company that really cares about the employees and their families. The ESOP is one of my favorite things at the company. I didn't think much about it when I started working here, but now I really look forward to the letters that come during the year. Hard to believe I've got that much saved up for retirement without putting in a dime of my own money!

Cons

Always tough working outside in the winter and being on call isn't my favorite thing, but I understand that we are just taking care of our customers. I've eaten my share of cookies from grateful customers during the holiday season!

Keep listening to the employees. No one knows our customers better.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Ferrellgas Partners (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company that offers a strong compensation package along with a ESOP that is completely funded by the company. As a working parent the flexibility that Ferrellgas offers is a huge plus for my family.

Cons

Retail propane is a weather driven business and in extended periods of above normal temperatures sometimes difficult decisions have to be made. During these times management does what it has to do for its customers, the business and company employees.

Keep doing what you have been doing and don't let potential short term weather issues change your long term course.

Ferrellgas has always let me put my family and their needs first. Very family oriented company.

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ferrellgas is very involved with the communities they service. They are also very generous with numerous Charity Bobtails that give a portion of the proceeds to different organization. There are several Breast Cancer trucks, an MS truck, Autism truck, multiple Military trucks, KC Crimestoppers truck, Diabetes truck, Leukemia and Lymphoma truck. I have always felt like I have mattered and can make a difference. It feels like one big family.

Cons

Weather dependant to an extent, but with new technologies we are becoming less dependant and more efficient.

Keep listening to your employees and keep the customers needs first. They are the two most important pieces in ensuring we keep our business as successful as it has been in the past.

There are newer employer reviews for Ferrellgas Partners