There are newer employer reviews for Ferrellgas Partners

Enlightening but yet what an experience.

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Santa Fe, NM
Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

401k investment opportunity, Employee stock, medical insurance coverage for full time employees, Propane & appliance discounts, payed uniform allotment of $125.00 annually and depending on how the company is doing that year a free turkey & ham for Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Cons

Being monitored digitaly on phone call times and standby times. CSS 's are given an estimate of 4 minutes per call & are monitored constantly on case loads, Web activity is logged in the background as any other large company. CSS pay is inconsistent from service center to service center with some well experienced CSS' s being there for several plus years making around $11.00 an hour compared to an alternate location 60 miles away paying new hires almost $14 plus an hour. Company wide there was finally a 3% raise given after 5 plus years this does not quite make up for the increase of cost of living.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing... Offer better incentives to bring up productivity! Remember you can always catch me Flys with honey then vinegar.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The company was too focused on micro-management top to bottom

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wealth of information available through the company intranet

Cons

Generally low pay with excessive expectations

Advice to Management

Hire good people and allow them to perform

Family Feel with Great Benefits

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Ferrellgas for over 12 years and I can honestly say I look forward to going to work every day. Although this is a large company with locations nationwide our local office feels like a family and that is how the folks at the corporate office have always treated me. I like the "open door" policy that our CEO has and anytime I've ever emailed him I've always gotten a speedy answer. A couple of times over the years the answer came via a personal phone call! It feels good to work for a company that really cares about the employees and their families. The ESOP is one of my favorite things at the company. I didn't think much about it when I started working here, but now I really look forward to the letters that come during the year. Hard to believe I've got that much saved up for retirement without putting in a dime of my own money!

Cons

Always tough working outside in the winter and being on call isn't my favorite thing, but I understand that we are just taking care of our customers. I've eaten my share of cookies from grateful customers during the holiday season!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees. No one knows our customers better.