Ferring Research Institute

www.ferring-research.com
  www.ferring-research.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ferring Research Institute

The Ferring Research Institute - think twice about signing on...

I have been working at Ferring Research Institute

Pros

A lot of great, smart people that actually want to do a good job and accomplish something.

Cons

A weak and ineffectual HR dept., erratic/inconsistent enforcement of policies, a group of spineless directories that cow-tow to the managing director’s whims-du-jour (and sadly, the managing director is not the business genius he thinks he is), a complete lack of respect and consideration for those that actually do the work, a horribly ineffecient operation.

Find a managing director that isn't an insecure autocrat and directors that will stand up for what's right (both ethically, and smart business). Value the talented people you already have working for you. Live up to the "people come first" propaganda we so frequently hear.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Ferring Research Institute (View Most Recent)

No room for career development

Current Employee - Lab in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Lab in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ferring Research Institute full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

very stable company if you're not ambitious

Cons

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. no innovation, they are successful because of life cycle management of their products.

Needs management cleansing

Used to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Research Associate II in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Research Associate II in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ferring Research Institute

Pros

This used to be a fantastic company and that changed when our managing director chnaged several years ago. Now, people are staying mostly due to lack of other jobs and the weak economy.

Cons

There is a lack of respect for those of us actually doing the work in the labs. There is absolutely no planning that happens and there is a "fly by the seat of the pants" mentality, which leads to constant project changes and confusion.

Acquiesing to every whim of the managing director is taking us nowhere. Senior managers have much more experience in the field and should use that experience to guide projects in a thoughtful manner.

There are newer employer reviews for Ferring Research Institute