FetchBack

www.ebayenterprise.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for FetchBack

Changing (Unfortunately, not for the better).

Former Employee - National Account Executive
Former Employee - National Account Executive

I worked at FetchBack

Pros

I worked with some of the greatest people while working at FetchBack (Both peers and clients). I started working here while it was still a startup and the culture was great. I had very little experience or knowledge of the online world and, with the help of those on my team, I truly learned a lot in my 2 years working here. This company helped me move to the next level in my career. The environment of the office is much different than you would find at most places. Everyone is in cubicles and accessible, even senior management. The CEO is involved in every company meeting which is also nice. While there was very little training, everyone was very open to help me hit the ground running.

Cons

I recently left this company after/during a very successful run because I did not see the potential for growth and the atmosphere had become very negative and frustrating.

1. At this point, when you come on board as a new rep you are given a book of accounts that will give you little opportunity. These book are filled with accounts that are either not a good fit, sites too small to work with, or we have recycled the accounts so many times through reps that they no longer want to speak with us. Have not seen many new reps over the last year come in and be successful.

2. Senior management wants deals, deals, deals but is not willing to correct the processes so that we can actually deliver what we say we are going to. There is no telling if the accounts you sell will ever go live or will stay live. Once the deal is sold, you have very little control over what happens next as it is passed on to the operations side of the house (whose goals do not directly align with sales). In many cases, reps have spent weeks/months/year+ selling a deal and never saw a dollar from it because it did not go live or for other various reasons.

3. Training is a major problem. This company has brought on some great people, but does not give them the proper training they need. In many cases, these are the people handling your accounts. They come in and are thrown into the jobs expected to learn everything on their own. When they are not properly educated and trained, this does not look very good to the clients you have worked so hard to sell. I have lost clients ($) for this reason and there was nothing I could do about it and you can't blame the person who has tried their best with what they have been given.

Everything I learned, I learned from my peers on my team.

4. Marketing tools and resources are lacking. This can hurt as a rep and as a company.

5. If you are going to work here, do so because you are hoping to make money...not because you want recognition. You won't get it, not even the top reps. No one is valued and everyone is replaceable.

6. RUMOR MILL- watch out. While this is very common in any workplace, I felt like I spent 2 years on the show Big Brother.

*Value your employees
*Correct processes so that not only reps can be successful, but the company can be more successful
*Bring on and keep a talented marketing manager.

15 Other Employee Reviews for FetchBack (View Most Recent)

start up company with a huge up-side

I have been working at FetchBack

Pros

The culture here is great. High energy. ebay buying us just shows where we are going in the future.
    Mid 2011 was horrible here due to some of the managmeent, now it is like a whole new company. Very glad I made it through/ stuck with FetchBack!!!!

Cons

They are still building out the upper/ middle management levels. The lack of a couple key leadership spots is hurting them, but they are trying to find the right people to fill the void. Sr management keeps telling us about how they are trying to find the right additions.

People need to know what the real goal is, help us by giving me a manager!

Enjoyed My Time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at FetchBack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love the Industry, fun people to work with, I enjoy change and there was a lot of it, fun clients, great location on Mill Ave.

Cons

The little bit is not applicable as I have been gone a long time, though I think Andy still won't wear shoes :)

There are newer employer reviews for FetchBack