There are newer employer reviews for FetchBack

Great place to work

Current Employee - Systems Administrative in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Systems Administrative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at FetchBack

Pros

Working in the development area of the company, I see a lot of changes happening. All of them are for the better. With the recent purchase and integration into eBay, I see even more opportunities upon us. This company is the best company I have worked for. The work you do is definitely appreciated by upper management. There is no hassle to get funding something that may need to be done.

The culture in this environment is nothing like I've sene before. We are able to bring our dogs into the office occasionally, we go out to sporting events, or company picnics. It's definitely not one of those companies where you wake up and think "I wish it was Saturday, so I don't have to go to work". I love what I do here and I see a lot of potential growth for the company itself.

Cons

There is only one negative thing I have to say about FetchBack. There are a few people on our team who don't share their knowledge, and try to keep it for themselves (job security?). There needs to be more attention brought to those employees on why doing so can hinder them or the company.

There needs to be more of a crackdown on employees not willing to share their knowledge.

15 Other Employee Reviews for FetchBack (View Most Recent)

must love dogs.

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - National Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at FetchBack

Pros

you can bring your dog to work. who doesn't love dogs? Also, you get to meet tons of new people - there's plenty of new hires in the door almost every month!

Cons

Ever tried to hit a moving target? This doesn't even begin to describe your employment experience at FetchBack. With sales tactics, pricing models, account lists, even your seating organization charts constantly changing, its difficult to comprehend what the current "push" is. Who do I report to? Who am I calling on? Why are my accounts disappearing? Why can't I add new ones? They've hired half a dozen new salespeople? Why? Who would have the answer to these questions?

Don't expect management to be transparent with this either - they love keeping everyone in the dark as much as they possibly can. When I perused the other reviews of FetchBack earlier, I laughed at the rumor mill comment - there's a huge gossip chain, and that's mostly because management is so uncommunicative and unprofessional the rest of the company is constantly trying to keep up.

Speaking of uncommunicative - sell a deal and expect it to be squashed ten times over before it actually gets you paid. Of course, this means you'll still be judged upon aspects completely out of your control - it makes for a pretty volatile environment.

Strangely enough, many individuals are able to find success in spades at the company, seemingly with little effort. Most of these people have been with the company long enough that this success seems to come without any resistance - while I consider myself to have a bit of tenure with the company, I can say that I'm baffled as to if this classifies them as better employees on every level, or just sheer favoritism within the organization.

work on your upward and downward communication. value your employees, they are what make your position necessary and reflect directly as you as a leader.

FetchBack is growing and changing...for the better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at FetchBack

Pros

Alot of changes have been seen over the past 2+ years I've been here. We've grown significantly and qualified employees have been given the opportunity for growth paths. We've seen success month over month and have expanded teams significantly. All the while keeping the main thread of culture we've had from our small office days. We're of a work hard play hard mentality, and teams come together to get goals accomplished.

Cons

Although the culture for the most part is the same, it has changed in some ways as many companies do as they expand and bring in more diverse minds. With struggles to fill positions in middle management, upper management at times contributes too large a focus on big picture objectives, and leaves little details undone, which can be the biggest impact on their employees.

More feedback on performance would help us better assess where we stand. Without having had reviews for over a year, its difficult to get straight-talk on where we stand in the eyes of management.

There are newer employer reviews for FetchBack