Fhlb New York

www.fhlbny.com

Management made the job a nightmare!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe FHLB has good benefits and as an institution provides various morale boosting activities auch as the annual holiday party and the annual boat cruise or picnic.

ConsUnfortunately, local management's actions undermine everyone's morale. In a period of about five years at least ten officers and directors came and went. They either left due to the working environment, were forced out or were fired. Non-officer exempt employees turned over at least once during the same period. Management did not provide any leadership and was not particularly savvy in what was required to conform to the Bank's regulator guidelines. Management used the annual review process to "document" performance deficiencies in order to preclude annual raises and bonuses. Management did not responde in a timely fashion (sometimes weeks) to reports submitted for review them blamed the analyst for submitting a final report, which was "documented" by management. This was by far the worst management that I have seen in many years of working in the financial industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementFHLB leadership should institute a proceedure where all Bank rules and regulations are applied equitably across all departments and are not made subject to the whims of local management. Additionally, the Bank should establish a senior level HR officer to represent the interests of the employee in any situation where local managemnt has issues with the employee. The current HR function is strictly there for managers to "legally" harass unwanted employees!

Smart people, culture in need of change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fhlb New York full-time

Pros: Certain managers were very supportive Cons: Pay was not competitive for the New York market, HR does… Advice to Senior Management: Change culture, make it exciting for younger workers to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good

Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Fhlb New York full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work/life balance is great. Great benefits Cons: simple business model leads to limited mobility Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Fhlb New York.

Worked for Fhlb New York? Contribute to the Community!