There are newer employer reviews for Fhlb New York

Satisfactory

Current Employee - Mortgage Analyst III  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Mortgage Analyst III in New York, NY

I have been working at Fhlb New York

Pros

Strong and successful GSA and great organization to work for.

Cons

The bonus compensation for professional non-officer staff is not as generous as for the officer staff. Also opportunities for growth is sometimes difficult.

More acknowledgement and programs should be developed to allow for more success.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Fhlb New York (View Most Recent)

IT Intern

I worked at Fhlb New York

Pros

- Worked directly with the VP of the department.
    - My boss was readily accessible for a VP.
    - Worked on a project as a rising college sophomore that was potentially going to be used internally within the company

Cons

- I did not have people I worked with outside of my boss, so if I was stuck with something and my boss was not around, I basically did nothing until he returned.

Management made the job a nightmare!

I worked at Fhlb New York

Pros

The FHLB has good benefits and as an institution provides various morale boosting activities auch as the annual holiday party and the annual boat cruise or picnic.

Cons

Unfortunately, local management's actions undermine everyone's morale. In a period of about five years at least ten officers and directors came and went. They either left due to the working environment, were forced out or were fired. Non-officer exempt employees turned over at least once during the same period. Management did not provide any leadership and was not particularly savvy in what was required to conform to the Bank's regulator guidelines. Management used the annual review process to "document" performance deficiencies in order to preclude annual raises and bonuses. Management did not responde in a timely fashion (sometimes weeks) to reports submitted for review them blamed the analyst for submitting a final report, which was "documented" by management. This was by far the worst management that I have seen in many years of working in the financial industry.

FHLB leadership should institute a proceedure where all Bank rules and regulations are applied equitably across all departments and are not made subject to the whims of local management. Additionally, the Bank should establish a senior level HR officer to represent the interests of the employee in any situation where local managemnt has issues with the employee. The current HR function is strictly there for managers to "legally" harass unwanted employees!

There are newer employer reviews for Fhlb New York

Worked for Fhlb New York? Contribute to the Community!