Worst 120 Days I ever Had - Stay Away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am not sure what Pros I can think of, maybe free coffee. Over all my experience working in Information technology at Fidelis was by far the worst experience of my career.

Cons

Well, I left a good job after many years of service. I joined Fidelis Care New York thinking this was a great opportunity to be in IT in Health Care industry. What I found was on my first day they had a 120 day acclamation period. At first I figured no big deal, well how wrong I was. I found the management team actually tries to get rid of people and a good percentage are let got for whatever reason, no severance, nothing. I made it until my 120th day, and was walked. I would stay away from this place!

Advice to Management

Stop messing with people's lives and careers, be what you are a Catholic organization, treat people with respect

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelis Care

Mgmt unaccountable for chaotic programs fueled by growing enrollment insufficient staff personal agendas cruel tactics

Former Employee - Clinical Staff/Lower Management in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Clinical Staff/Lower Management in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working independently and as a team player to assess and authorize appropriate home health care to members in need. Decent benefits, investment opportunities, salary, and paid time off.

Cons

Poor training, coaching and lack of support to manage work flows and produce expected outcomes. Unappreciated dedicated employees. Recent unprecedented enrollment increase with unbalanced ratio of staff to manage chaotic and poorly monitored programs and benefits. Upper management unaccountable and putting blame on clinical and non-clinical staff. Middle management resigning or hanging on with false hopes. Scapegoat lower management unfairly blamed and ultimately terminated. This company is too big for it's britches and hides behind The Cross of the Roman Catholic Church in a stance not worthy of their Mission Statement. I for one am truly disheartened and disappointed. Mark Lane would be ashamed of what has transpired since his death. Shame on Father Frawley, yes, the CEO of this company!

Advice to Management

While our Nation's Health Care System and NYS's "Redesign Team" has brought forth such dramatic and continuous changing guidelines and regulations, management should be proceeding with care, patience and caution to plan and redesign and train it's dedicated hard working employees. While reviewing the performance of staff and lower management during these changing times, the same patience and understanding should be granted.

Very micromanaged

Former Employee - Facilitated Enroller in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Facilitated Enroller in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers were very helpful and friendly.

Cons

Raises are minimal, bonus structure needs to be revamped.