There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

My experience was satisfactory overall. High pressure, long hours, low pay, good benefits.

Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Benefits, a good reputation. Good people to work with, training and development opportunities. Wide range of job choices. Multiple locations.

Cons

Pay was lower than my peers at public companies. Long commute was difficult. Lack of advancement opportunities in management since I was in Boston, and they have been moving out of Boston. Inconsistent application of policies to employees.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be so politically correct when dealing with your employees. Stop forcing on us the management and HR "flavor of the day".

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Above average

Former Employee - Investment Consultant in Covington, KY
    Former Employee - Investment Consultant in Covington, KY

I worked at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Paid Overtime. Profit sharing. Education reimbursement was higher than average. Paid training.

Cons

Base Salary. Human Resource department is worst I have ever dealt with.

Advice to Management

HR is weak. Managers are more like baby sitters than decision makers

2. Always on the phones

Former Employee - Investment Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Investment Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Benefits are outstanding, management is very respectful of employees, more ethical than other companies, and flexible with schedules if notice is given in a timely manner.

Cons

No advancement. It's all lateral movement. Hard to go vertical. There were a few situations where individuals with consistently outstanding numbers never got promoted to positions they earned. I personally knew such a person and from speaking to him it was due to some issues with his manager. Very family / religious environment. This can be a good or bad thing depending on your personally situation. When I was there, Fidelity implemented a terrible business plan which made service's function more like sales. It was done by making certain metrics, one is evaluated on, excessively high for sales like responsibilities. By the time I left, these metrics had been adjusted to more reasonable numbers. However, the service department still had a major roll in bringing in new money, without any compensation other than miniscule quarterly bonus. Way to many metrics. You never know where you stand. I excelled in certain areas but average in others. My manager evaluations always made me feel like I was doing a bad job.

Advice to Management

Look at department's overall function and strive to excel within that framework. Stop making every department's responsibility about bringing in new money.