Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com

Pay is reasonably good, but you will have to work for it

Investments Representative (Current Employee)

Pros- Company adequately links sales performance and monetary rewards
- My manager is awesome, doesn't micro-manage (not many like this though, from what I understand)
- Technology budget is robust which means more state-of-the-art hardware and software
- Privately owned company
- Wide variety of solutions for customers
- Benefits are great

Cons- Many people you work with have never worked anywhere else, so they only know "the Fidelity way." As a result, from an outsider's perspective, it can be challenging at times to communicate.
- Compensation plans for sales associates changes constantly, some of the changes make no sense.
- Top sales associates will consistently work 50+ hours per week
- Due to the way service is credited under the 401k plan, you will probably have to wait more than 1 year to get company match and profit sharing contributions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the desire to be #1! Hold your managed money product to a higher standard, stop changing the comp plans every year, it leads to some distrust between sales people and senior management.

Great

Project Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros: wonderful work environment. Great place to work. Cons: frequent reloacting groups to different sites. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Akin to working on an assembly line

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros: The Benefits are very generous Cons: Little challenge or advancement on merit Advice to Senior Management: Look to the talent within your organization before bringing in consultants who only create issues that your associates then have to clean up. When… More
There are newer reviews on Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!