Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com

Fidelity Durham, NC Review

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsCompany reputation with customers, not with employees

ConsThe Fidelity office in Durham office has a hiring quota agreement with the city in return for tax advantages. The agreed hiring quota far exceeds business needs. Fidelity manages to meet the quota, yet at the same time, save their budget by making sure that employee turnover is pretty high in this office. Instead of spreading in-coming calls evenly among associates, they create separate work units called MU's. A particular MU receives ALL incoming calls with other MU's receiving only spill over workload. As a result, people quit constantly in the overloaded MU who are then replaced by newly recruited associates.
Other questionable business practices also exist in this office. People are randomly given additional reponsibilities or promotions with the promise that they will receive increased pay commensurate with their added duties. Months later, promoted employees are still waiting for their increased pay. The excuse by management is that they are still waiting to see if you can actually do the job. Instead of a salary increase, they try to placate these employees by decreasing their workload by dumping their duties on the overloaded MU. This is a widespread practice throughout this office. They also hire people at level I and give them Level III duties once you are in the job with Level I pay.
Because of the widespread unemployment situation employees grit their teeth and put up with the situation until they can find another job. In my experience with local and international organizations, I have never seen such dishonest business practices as witnessed in this office. It is truly regrettable that organizations can actually get away with such behavior right here in the United States.
You will constantly see numerous job ads by this office but think twice before you apply.

Great company, horrible, horrible job.

Registered Representative - Phones (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros: 401k/health benefits are phenomenal, you can switch jobs almost ever 6 months to 1 year, quarterly/annual bonuses,… Cons: Micromanagement. Every minute of my day is tracked and translated into an efficiency percentage, which if it goes too low, I'm penalized. I'm… Advice to Senior Management: Stop punishing me for going to the bathroom. Breakfast… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place - capable management

Production Manager (Former Employee) Marlborough, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Management very supportive. PWIS systems and operations have a good learning curve to them. Master them and you are ready to take on anything.… Cons: Gets stale after a few years, the monotony of the type of work… More
There are newer reviews on Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!