Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com
  www.fidelity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

Great financial products and great place to be a financial advisor, VERY political.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They offer the most cost-effective financial product solutions. Very focused on customer-service and have some of the best employee benefits a private company could offer.

Cons

Extremely political environment for managers in their call centers. Pay for managers is horrible. When financial crisis hit in late 2008 they quickly lost my confidence as an employee-centric company as they unloaded a ton of people and talent. They also cut employees pay in a massive way.

Ditch the politics. I have never seen an environment as political as the one that is at Fidelity Investments.

1903 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

Great company to start a career

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Managers that care about your career and personal development
    - Great benefits - dollar per dollar match to 7% of salary in 401k - Having a ROTH 401k was a great attraction for me
    - Currently growing - Opportunities to move into your desired career path - Great for people who get hired on just to get in the door with a less desirable position
    - The company is big on following the kaizen philosophy
    - The company is moving a lot of positions from Boston to Westlake - Great growth opportunity as many of the Boston employees do not want to relocate - Not having a state income tax was probably a driver for the move

Cons

- Your desk moved frequently, within 6 months my team/department has relocated within the same building 2 times - I think they do this as it is the only way some people clean their desk
    - Slow moving changes
    - Lags behind industry changes - Needs to move faster with offering of ETF's

- Allow employees to have self directed brokerage account even it it is only 25% of their 401k contributions
    - Offer student loan reimbursement as a benefit

A secure job in a tightly controlled environment

Current Employee - Registered Representative in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly work place, a steady paycheck. Opportunity for advancement. Fidelity is a good name for the company. For the most part I feel like I am an advocate for my clients.

Cons

Fidelity seems to apply more to the clients than to the employees. WAY too many metrics. Way to many excuses for not getting a full bonus, even for the high performers. End up top ten in the nation and be told all the things that you are doing wrong and that you could do better. Usually by a manager that has not been on the front lines under the same metrics for years, and never produced at a comparable level. Too many levels from the front lines to the actual end rep who will handle the client. Finally at least some movement as the company seems to have just realized that it needs to ramp up hiring or it will not be able to compete for a relevant position in the coming tsunami of retiring baby boomers. Mediocre compensation for even the best performers.

Take care of your reps or someone else will. 10,000 retirees every day well into the future. You may lose them to the competition if you continue to treat inappropriately for the job that they are required to do. If we make you look good day in and day out, take note. Put down the microscope, seek the opinion of the people on the front lines and not just the freshly minted Ivy league MBA's that never fielded a clients widow's request for help on a portfolio she has never seen before, but which requires the reps to spend equitable amount of time on. Metrics don't fit here. FIX YOUR PHONE SYSTEM! ELIMINATE your known system issues and stop blaming reps when they get caught up in a system issue that precipitates a rep error. We have enough to worry about, without having to remember what system kind of works most of the time, but not quite. If it works on the web, it should work for the rep. Unconscionable. Revamp your training so that your not just going through the motions of some program developed god knows how many years ago, but has not so much as fixed a single erroneous error, of which there are many in the new hire program. I know because I went through twice, once 6 years prior and again when moving to a new position. Shocked to see that NOTHING was updated or corrected in SIX years?!

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments