Mixed bag - very political

Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are lucky enough to land with a secure, mature manager you will have many opportunities to exceed at your work. Confident managers excel at training, advancing, promoting their subordinates into better positions. They advise, challenge, critique, encourage and correct your work and presentations in a productive, positive manner. They look for opportunities for their subordinates.

Cons

If you are unlucky and land on one of the insecure manager teams you will go nowhere. Expect no directions, no clarifications, no assistance with projects and tasks assigned to you. Expect no contact from these managers until your yearly review, then expect the worst possible annual review where you will be blamed for all of this manager's short comings. You can write a rebuttal to the BS in your review, but that rebuttal will never get looked at and you're left with a tarnished reputation, no raise, lousy bonus but - gosh - at that moment, your manager sure looks happy!

Quit reorganizing your department and reporting structures. You have effectively killed all communications on all your projects. How can you expect projects to complete on time, at budget or under, if every 9 months or less you reorganize your departments so that half the project players get moved off the projects, being replaced by newbies that know nothing and leaving you with broken communication lines in every critical direction for the project. This is usually done more than once on any given project, then because of delays those projects get dropped effectively throwing away all the good work done by too many disconnected folk.

Other Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Great financial products and great place to be a financial advisor, VERY political.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offer the most cost-effective financial product solutions. Very focused on customer-service and have some of the best employee benefits a private company could offer.

Cons

Extremely political environment for managers in their call centers. Pay for managers is horrible. When financial crisis hit in late 2008 they quickly lost my confidence as an employee-centric company as they unloaded a ton of people and talent. They also cut employees pay in a massive way.

Ditch the politics. I have never seen an environment as political as the one that is at Fidelity Investments.

If you are debating between this company and another -- GO THERE!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a job and pays the bills. That is what I can say about Fidelity. It USED to be a good place to work, but things have changed there dramatically.

Cons

Very condescending, little or no advancement if you are female with children or an ill spouse. They treat you like dogs because they know they can in this economy. Best friend comes home in tears - lecherous treatment of women in the finance side of the business. You have to be gorgeous and LIKE that kind of attention, or male and have little or no encumbrances. They are turning all of their business over the India.

Get your heads out of your butts and reward hard working people instead of the young, unattached, unencumbered little boys under the age of 25 who work the system and steal the real worker's credits! Bitter? Damned straight. Even my boss knew that I was poorly treated, and he gave me an EXCELLENT FULL PAGE recommendation when I was terminated - even though he was told NOT to. And, yes, HE is gone too! And STOP sending work over to India. We trained out counterparts for TWO YEARS and STILL we spent 75% of our time correcting THEIR errors! It has GOT TO STOP!

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!