Far too political!

Former Employee - Director in Westlake, TX
Former Employee - Director in Westlake, TX

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some very good employees but they lack any real understanding of the business. They are too busy trying to manage the poltical atmosphere in order to protect thier jobs.

Cons

Too political. Sr. management has no clue as to what needs to be done to make the company successful. Not a proactive culture to solving business issues.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you are debating between this company and another -- GO THERE!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job and pays the bills. That is what I can say about Fidelity. It USED to be a good place to work, but things have changed there dramatically.

Cons

Very condescending, little or no advancement if you are female with children or an ill spouse. They treat you like dogs because they know they can in this economy. Best friend comes home in tears - lecherous treatment of women in the finance side of the business. You have to be gorgeous and LIKE that kind of attention, or male and have little or no encumbrances. They are turning all of their business over the India.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of your butts and reward hard working people instead of the young, unattached, unencumbered little boys under the age of 25 who work the system and steal the real worker's credits! Bitter? Damned straight. Even my boss knew that I was poorly treated, and he gave me an EXCELLENT FULL PAGE recommendation when I was terminated - even though he was told NOT to. And, yes, HE is gone too! And STOP sending work over to India. We trained out counterparts for TWO YEARS and STILL we spent 75% of our time correcting THEIR errors! It has GOT TO STOP!

Mixed bag - very political

Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to land with a secure, mature manager you will have many opportunities to exceed at your work. Confident managers excel at training, advancing, promoting their subordinates into better positions. They advise, challenge, critique, encourage and correct your work and presentations in a productive, positive manner. They look for opportunities for their subordinates.

Cons

If you are unlucky and land on one of the insecure manager teams you will go nowhere. Expect no directions, no clarifications, no assistance with projects and tasks assigned to you. Expect no contact from these managers until your yearly review, then expect the worst possible annual review where you will be blamed for all of this manager's short comings. You can write a rebuttal to the BS in your review, but that rebuttal will never get looked at and you're left with a tarnished reputation, no raise, lousy bonus but - gosh - at that moment, your manager sure looks happy!

Advice to Management

Quit reorganizing your department and reporting structures. You have effectively killed all communications on all your projects. How can you expect projects to complete on time, at budget or under, if every 9 months or less you reorganize your departments so that half the project players get moved off the projects, being replaced by newbies that know nothing and leaving you with broken communication lines in every critical direction for the project. This is usually done more than once on any given project, then because of delays those projects get dropped effectively throwing away all the good work done by too many disconnected folk.