Fidelity Investments

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

Far too political!

Former Employee - Director in Westlake, TX
Former Employee - Director in Westlake, TX

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some very good employees but they lack any real understanding of the business. They are too busy trying to manage the poltical atmosphere in order to protect thier jobs.

Cons

Too political. Sr. management has no clue as to what needs to be done to make the company successful. Not a proactive culture to solving business issues.

2075 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

If you are debating between this company and another -- GO THERE!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job and pays the bills. That is what I can say about Fidelity. It USED to be a good place to work, but things have changed there dramatically.

Cons

Very condescending, little or no advancement if you are female with children or an ill spouse. They treat you like dogs because they know they can in this economy. Best friend comes home in tears - lecherous treatment of women in the finance side of the business. You have to be gorgeous and LIKE that kind of attention, or male and have little or no encumbrances. They are turning all of their business over the India.

Get your heads out of your butts and reward hard working people instead of the young, unattached, unencumbered little boys under the age of 25 who work the system and steal the real worker's credits! Bitter? Damned straight. Even my boss knew that I was poorly treated, and he gave me an EXCELLENT FULL PAGE recommendation when I was terminated - even though he was told NOT to. And, yes, HE is gone too! And STOP sending work over to India. We trained out counterparts for TWO YEARS and STILL we spent 75% of our time correcting THEIR errors! It has GOT TO STOP!

Great place to start a career in finance, SLC is not a great place long-term for high level talent

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Excellent training program to obtain knowledge of the industry and financial licenses
    - Good company culture with mid-level management that cares about your work/life balance
    - Industry leading benefits package (health, dental, 401k with 7% match and 10% profit sharing bonus - essentially a 17% match if you contribute 7% to your 401k, tuition reimbursement is $10,000, Company covers most or all of the cost of mass transit passes, etc.)

Cons

- Benefit package is great at the cost of low base pay compared to industry competitors.
    - If you get an MBA or advanced degree, there are virtually no opportunities in SLC to take advantage of that. The only high paying career opportunities are in phone sales and management. However management has virtually no turnover which is because of the great situation they have (Many have +10 year tenure), but this is bad if you want to try to get into management - be prepared to wait years for that opportunity or be forced to find an opportunity somewhere else.
    - For those in SLC who want to move elsewhere in the country most of the opportunities are only for representatives who want to go to branches, if you want to go to a higher value added position in Boston or any other location good luck if you don't have connections or years of experience. Getting an advanced degree while working means nothing if you are trying to get in the door outside of their conventional channel of campus recruiting at mostly Ivy league or east coast universities.

- If putting thousands into reimbursing the cost of tuition for those employees getting advanced degrees, work with them to identify a career path and opportunities to actually make use of it, otherwise you will continue to lose them to competitors who do offer such opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments