There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

Far too political!

Former Employee - Director in Westlake, TX
Former Employee - Director in Westlake, TX

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some very good employees but they lack any real understanding of the business. They are too busy trying to manage the poltical atmosphere in order to protect thier jobs.

Cons

Too political. Sr. management has no clue as to what needs to be done to make the company successful. Not a proactive culture to solving business issues.

1861 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

A secure job in a tightly controlled environment

Current Employee - Registered Representative in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly work place, a steady paycheck. Opportunity for advancement. Fidelity is a good name for the company. For the most part I feel like I am an advocate for my clients.

Cons

Fidelity seems to apply more to the clients than to the employees. WAY too many metrics. Way to many excuses for not getting a full bonus, even for the high performers. End up top ten in the nation and be told all the things that you are doing wrong and that you could do better. Usually by a manager that has not been on the front lines under the same metrics for years, and never produced at a comparable level. Too many levels from the front lines to the actual end rep who will handle the client. Finally at least some movement as the company seems to have just realized that it needs to ramp up hiring or it will not be able to compete for a relevant position in the coming tsunami of retiring baby boomers. Mediocre compensation for even the best performers.

Take care of your reps or someone else will. 10,000 retirees every day well into the future. You may lose them to the competition if you continue to treat inappropriately for the job that they are required to do. If we make you look good day in and day out, take note. Put down the microscope, seek the opinion of the people on the front lines and not just the freshly minted Ivy league MBA's that never fielded a clients widow's request for help on a portfolio she has never seen before, but which requires the reps to spend equitable amount of time on. Metrics don't fit here. FIX YOUR PHONE SYSTEM! ELIMINATE your known system issues and stop blaming reps when they get caught up in a system issue that precipitates a rep error. We have enough to worry about, without having to remember what system kind of works most of the time, but not quite. If it works on the web, it should work for the rep. Unconscionable. Revamp your training so that your not just going through the motions of some program developed god knows how many years ago, but has not so much as fixed a single erroneous error, of which there are many in the new hire program. I know because I went through twice, once 6 years prior and again when moving to a new position. Shocked to see that NOTHING was updated or corrected in SIX years?!

If you are debating between this company and another -- GO THERE!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job and pays the bills. That is what I can say about Fidelity. It USED to be a good place to work, but things have changed there dramatically.

Cons

Very condescending, little or no advancement if you are female with children or an ill spouse. They treat you like dogs because they know they can in this economy. Best friend comes home in tears - lecherous treatment of women in the finance side of the business. You have to be gorgeous and LIKE that kind of attention, or male and have little or no encumbrances. They are turning all of their business over the India.

Get your heads out of your butts and reward hard working people instead of the young, unattached, unencumbered little boys under the age of 25 who work the system and steal the real worker's credits! Bitter? Damned straight. Even my boss knew that I was poorly treated, and he gave me an EXCELLENT FULL PAGE recommendation when I was terminated - even though he was told NOT to. And, yes, HE is gone too! And STOP sending work over to India. We trained out counterparts for TWO YEARS and STILL we spent 75% of our time correcting THEIR errors! It has GOT TO STOP!

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments