Fidelity Investments

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

Great company

Current Employee - Workplace Planning and Guidance Consultant in Cary, NC
Current Employee - Workplace Planning and Guidance Consultant in Cary, NC

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Peers are great to work with. Helping customers reach goals. Sales are soft. Somewhat flexible schedule. Benefits

Cons

Pay. Call center so it is monotonous.

I think that our bonuses should not be tied to customer team customer surveys. I understand it being on an individual level, but for it to be by how the team did that affects my bonus seems unfair.

2073 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in North Smithfield, RI
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in North Smithfield, RI

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay & benefits. Depends on the group you work. Being nice to your boss may get you promoted sooner.

Cons

Bureaucracy, office politics. Company culture is changing lately into hiring people at lower grades to save money even though the position and experience demand a higher pay grade.

HR and Management are good at using fear as a motivator. Leadership is non-existent.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers are pleasant and accommodating for the most part. Work environment is clean and well kept.

Cons

Top heavy HR and management at all levels have created an environment where fear is the motivator. Knowledge, skill, and experience are not factors in determining raises and promotions. Managers and some co-workers who seek attention from management will agree to any ridiculous request and deadline. This company has lost many high quality employees and will continue down this long and slippery slope until they figure out how to create a real team culture.

1. Get rid of the "semper fidelis" statement in your company description. It is insulting to all current and former Marines that a pathetic organization like Fidelity - one that is clueless as to the meaning of those words and even more clueless about the meaning of esprit de corps - to use the Marine Corps motto in any way, shape, or form.
    2. You've ruined Fidelity, now it's time to look for other good companies to ruin.
    3. Find another man like Ned Johnson to lead the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments