Good place to work overall, but experience can vary wildly depending on manager and group

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

Great compensation package- higher than average salary for IT, excellent health benefits, good bonuses, matching 401k, profit-sharing, yearly raises plus the chance for extra money through "internal shares" (it is a private company). Can be a great place to spend some time and get some good experience.

Cons

It's big, and made up of very individual groups that rarely interact with each other. If you're not careful, you can get lost. Same politics as everywhere else, and middle-management turnover is huge. New manager comes in and brings all his/her friends with them (at all levels). That's pretty much expected here. If you're not part of that "in" crowd, you're on the outside looking in.

Other Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Great company

Current Employee - Workplace Planning and Guidance Consultant  in  Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Workplace Planning and Guidance Consultant in Cary, NC

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Peers are great to work with. Helping customers reach goals. Sales are soft. Somewhat flexible schedule. Benefits

Cons

Pay. Call center so it is monotonous.

I think that our bonuses should not be tied to customer team customer surveys. I understand it being on an individual level, but for it to be by how the team did that affects my bonus seems unfair.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  North Smithfield, RI
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in North Smithfield, RI

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay & benefits. Depends on the group you work. Being nice to your boss may get you promoted sooner.

Cons

Bureaucracy, office politics. Company culture is changing lately into hiring people at lower grades to save money even though the position and experience demand a higher pay grade.

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!