Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com
  www.fidelity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

New leaders across firm changing the culture

Former Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments

Pros

I loved the people I worked with at Fidelity - smart, creative, hardworking, fun. Most people care about the customer and work hard to provide great service. Operations and Technology groups had many talented individuals and middle managers, but lacked a cohesive strategy and strong SVP management. I had excellent training opportunities and career progression. Fidelity was a great company for the 15 years I worked there.

Cons

With the overhaul at the executive levels from 2007 onwards, and the revolving door of external hires at the highest levels, the frequency of organizational and strategic changes became intense. Major layoffs took place in 2008 and early 2009, due in part (but not entirely) to the market turmoil. The whole financial services field has been downsizing, so think carefully before you apply for a job at Fidelity if the stock market is still very rocky. Be prepared to manage your career and build a good network. Have a "Plan B" ready in case you get laid off.

Listen to your employees more. They have good ideas and they are closest to the customer. Value your people as more than "resources."

1941 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn SDLC

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Comprehensive benefits which include 401k matching, profit sharing, year end bonus, health care, etc.

Cons

Full of processes. It's hard to get things done with so much gatekeepers who need to approve anything that you do.

Encourage innovation.

Great Place To Work

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Benefits, communication with internal employees about important events. Challenge of the job.

Cons

Tough industry during down economy. Sometimes a thankless job.

Continue to find ways to motivate employees during down times so your best talent stay in the seats.

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments