Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com

Great Company but with a few pitfalls

Designer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsFidelity offers a professional environment with lots of competitive and smart folks to work with and gain exposure to all facets of the financial industry. The ability to transfer to different positions is there as well if you seek out the opportunities. Compensation is good but limited to growth due to the bi-annual reviews. Fidelity operates like clockwork on release cycles, so focusing on getting things done by the end of the year is key and learning how to get the impossible done is the biggest thing you'll learn here.

ConsAlthough Fidelity offers many oportunties, it is a large organization with lots of overhead. You'll find yourself on projects on lots of meetings with many project managers, VP's or directors each with almost equal amount of say on the project. Consensus building becomes key and learning how to win over folks on your idea becomes an important skill to learn. Politics is also huge at Fidelity, so learning how to work with others and learning to see pitfalls are the skills you up need to develop. Fidelity is a large ship and wanting to implement revolutionary ideas will be an uphill battle.

Advice to Senior ManagementFidelity is a great place but found that most managers on the "business side" had unrealistic expectations on developing projects in terms of what could be built with the given amount of resources.

Interesting

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Durham, NC

I worked at Fidelity Investments as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Nice benefits for permanent employees, interesting technologies Cons: Some of the managers lack experience, lots of legacy code. Advice to Senior Management: I think they would benefit by improving their process for keeping up with technology.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Highly political, bureaucratic environment

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Westlake, TX

I have been working at Fidelity Investments part-time for more than a year

Pros: Fitness reimbursement; online training courses Cons: You're position is not "confirmed" until after your 1 year anniversary but HR does not tell you that, until then, watch your back, they will… Advice to Senior Management: Please keep track of how your managers are running their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!