Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com

Great firm for a career in financial services

Account Executive (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsCompensation seems fairly structured to reward performance. Company has a great nationwide presence, excellent brand and reputation, and comprehensive financial product and service lineup to meet nearly any client's needs.

ConsAs with most large firms, there is bureaucracy. Complex service issues take too long to resolve. Upper management seems to take too long to process and implement feedback from reps. Some services, such as in-house managed money, have a lot of room for improvement.

Compensation structure for branch reps (account executives) is skewed too heavily at short term performance rather than long term.

Overall, if you work in a branch, the quality of your work environment depends largely on your manager and his / her boss. Some are micro-managers who have no perspective and others a great people.

Advice to Senior ManagementSolicit feedback from reps on everything to their feelings about management to compensation to products and services. Let the reps know you understand their views and what you are going to do about it.

Great opportunities, high quality people

Director of Communications (Former Employee) Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Resources, people, internal advancement, facilities. This is a great place… Cons: Very insular culture. Lots of red tape. Challenging to innovate in most areas. Quite conservative. Internal business units often fight amongst one another. Do not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible, good pay, excellent benefits. They are extremely focused on their customer, which… Cons: Lots of politics, very slow to advance employees, overly value soft skills in technical employees. They say that at Fidelity you're rewarded for… Advice to Senior Management: People need to feel valued and properly compensated for their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!