Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com

Phone sites good, branches bad

Financial Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, excellent training and if you are working in one of the large sites, there is lots of opportunity for movement. Pay isn't based on commission and Fidelity has a great pipeline for business so the leads come to you.

ConsPay is lower than at other firms and the company is super conservative. Guidance and recommendations will be based on tools with almost zero actual input from the financial reps themselves. If you want to interact with clients, you'll either be on the phones or in a branch. The branches have very little room for advancement and depending on the manager, can be very frustrating and demoralizing. Average tenure for an Account Executive is less than a year due to attrition.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within in order to increase job satisfaction. Employees work hard to advance and when they don't, they will leave.

EVERYBODY IS A VP

Vice President 401K (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros: they made me vice president to travel all over Cons: EVERYONE IS A VP AT THE COMPANY Advice to Senior Management: PICK THE CORRECT PEOPLE FOR UPPER MANAGEMENT No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros: Good company with lots of upside potential. Cons: Micromanagement to death and lots of bureaucracy on the way… Advice to Senior Management: Setting goals should be catered to each clients book size… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!