Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com

Great if you have never worked anywhere else and do not plan on working anywhere else.

Private Client Specialist (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGREAT for young people just out of college looking to get their feet wet in the Financial Services Industry. They give plenty of support to new and untrained/inexperienced employees.

ConsIf you have EVER worked outside the firm before joining, you will be extremely surprised at some of the cultural differences. You really have to drink the kool-aid and conform if you want to stay happy. Really nice people, yet the firm is in a distinct identity crisis about who/what they want to be. They can't seem to get passed the notion that if you want to have a "relationship" that means relationship, not buy our products (proprietary funds, managed accounts and annuities)

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want people to manage relationships, train them on how a relationship should be managed, not: Buy our Funds & Annuities though I have too many clients and not enough experience to actually answer relationship questions that I will push you off to someone else...

Overall solid company, but compensation is only good at senior levels and work life balance is not a priority

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Excellent 401k match/profit share. Very smart people and plenty… Cons: No opportunities left in Boston. Work life balance is a joke unless you are lucky… Advice to Senior Management: Value the people who actually do the work and don't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be a great company to work for, but is slipping and is now just mediocre.

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros: - Benefits and compensation are still good (although not what they once… Cons: - Short-sighted leadership lurches to a new strategy every 12 months, eventually coming back full circle but wasting enormous amounts of money in the process. -… Advice to Senior Management: There is a management culture of selling false measurements of success to superiors in order to reap a large year-end bonus. Senior managers routinely… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!