Fidelity Investments
3.4 of 5 1,694 reviews
www.fidelity.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Great place to get securities licenses & learn the brokerage business

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee)
Westlake, TX

ProsFidelity has a great program and support to ensure that over 90% of their customer service reps get their Series 7 and Series 63 plus they pay you while you are studying. After getting their licenses, the Financial Reps then get to use what they learn and more importantly, what they didn't learn, about the real world thru a series of graduated positions covering more complex environments.: Mutual Fund trader, Stock trader, then Full Trader (options, IPO's, etc.).

Also the people at Fidelity (Westlake at least) are great to work with. They are smart, personable, and care about doing a good job. The management team is also good and works to accommodate personal needs (e.g., medical conditions, personal conditions).

The fact that Fidelity is privately owed gives it more flexibility to try new things that will payoff longer term.

Cons1. You need to be comfortable with having everything that you say and do being monitored. Al your phone calls, transactions, emails, chats are monitored due to compliance and also for coaching and management evaluation. You are also supposed to document all your customer interactions in Siebel.
2. You also need to be cognizant about your time/work schedule. Your calls will be timed, your breaks/off phone time, etc. This is a call center; productivity and adequate coverage are important.
3. Creativity and working/thinking outside of the box is discouraged. Procedures are defined for everything. If you get caught not following, you will be coached/reprimanded to do so. E.g., when a new procedure was introduced on how to verify callers, it was gosh-awful that clients and us financial reps were complaining. Despite the feedback, we were told to keep with the new procedures. The President of our division came for a visit a couple of months later and sat in on some customer calls. She told the management that the verification procedures were awful and to fix it. It had to wait for the tops down to make a common sense change? People & managers are rewarded for being good soldiers, not wild ducks.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut some serious commitment into cross-functional employee workgroups to make functional operational improvements. Employee input on how to improve things is not encouraged. Just following the broken processes/procedures is not helpful to clients or to the employees.

Micro management, double standards, and politics reign supreme.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: ~401k and profit sharing are excellent. ~Education reimbursement. Will pay 90% of CFP certification. ~Health benefits are good, but a bit expensive, and in order to… Cons: We are hired for our past successes in planning, sales and relationship management, but then mircro managed and questioned for every single action beyond belief.… Advice to Senior Management: During my short tenure at Fidelity, I have seen some great advisors come on board, only to wise-up quickly and move on. Please, continue to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Best company I've worked for

Relationship Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: benefits, profit sharing, company match, office locations, co-works, development and… Cons: The pay in the two departments have been mediocre considering… Advice to Senior Management: increase pay and continue listening to your lower-level associates Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fidelity Investments CEO Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III. All reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees.