Fidelity Investments
3.4 of 5 1,564 reviews
www.fidelity.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Amazing company to work for

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFidelity is a great place to start your career in the financial services industry. They will take you in, get you licensed, teach you all of the fundamentals, instill great work ethic in you, and always encourage career development. And with how spread out the company is, you can essentially work anywhere and know you'll have a great job with great people. The pay is ok, but the benefits are amazing which is truly what helps you setup your retirement savings. They offer 401(k) match and profit sharing, and that all adds up quickly. Many people spend their entire working careers at Fidelity.

ConsThere aren't a lot of cons other than some of the people--a lot of middle management can be extremely obnoxious with inflated heads & egos, and they are also the ones who somewhat control your career, besides yourself, of course.
Fidelity is way too conservative too, which can also be a 'pro.' And their compliance policies are some of the strictest you'll see anywhere.
They need to show their employees how much they value them with better pay--a lot of the positions deserve to be paid a bit more for the hard work that is expected, but again, it's hard to complain about that b/c of everything else that is positive about the company.
Even with its cons, I would recommend Fidelity to anyone who is a solid, sharp, hard working, & committed worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a closer eye on middle-management--those who are closest to your front line working force. Ask for direct & candid feedback from front line employees about their managers--you might be surprised with how horrible some of the people are who are given that amount of power at the management level.

Financial Represntative

Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits. Privately owned. Customer focused like no other. Learn… Cons: Call centers are grueling. High turnover due to stress. Odds are if you… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate events are watered down. Worked there for over 5 years and felt appreciation shown by upper management had been weak. -- Management would… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Company

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Covington, KY

I worked at Fidelity Investments part-time for more than a year

Pros: Pleasant work environment, good compensation Cons: Overtime often required, hard to schedule vacation time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fidelity Investments CEO Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III. All reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees.