There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

Four stars for the company, two stars for the job.

Former Employee - Financial Representative- Full Trader  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Financial Representative- Full Trader in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that make up this company are really great and not only care about their coworkers, but the surrounding community as well. I made life-long friends here.

The training teams were very helpful in helping my entire new-hire class pass our licensing exams and the information I learned has been very helpful for my life in general.

My managers seemed genuinely interested in helping me find the right job internally--ironically this helped me realize that my dreams lay outside the company.

Cons

At its core, this is a call-center job--8 hours on the phone (or more). The information you discuss with clients is more complicated than other phone jobs, so you'll be relying on internal information systems since you can't know every little policy or acronym.

There's little time to breathe between calls at certain times of the year.

Meetings and coaching get cancelled all the time right when you're ready to take a break from the phones. I really could've used some help to improve the work I was doing.

Perhaps all reps should switch between phones and e-mail/chat daily or by the hour instead of just a couple of teams. I've stayed at a horrible company precisely because of the variety it provided with phones and e-mail. It could do wonders at a company that people actually like.

Some issues require much more time to research and would waste less customers' time if you could just call clients back like the more specialized teams can.

1823 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

Great Connections

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and a great network of employees all across the country, willing to listen to employees

Cons

Not being able to carry over vacation time seems irrational/encourages employees to use all their vacation days at the end of the year

Phone Center Trader

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

Probably the best training I've ever been through. I was hired on w/o my securities licenses and spent the first few months of work studying and in the classroom learning the Fidelity systems/culture/etc. (white getting paid). They hire great people, so everyone you work with knows their stuff and is enjoyable to be around. The company is extremely generous (10% of salary profit sharing bonus every year, fantastic benefits - I even got a $100 xmas bonus 2 mos. after being hired). If you're looking to get into the securities business this is a great place to get your licenses and cut your teeth.

Cons

This is a phone center job. Your schedule is 100% set for you, down to the 15 min breaks before and after lunch, which is understandable, your job is to answer the phones. Most of the day you're not placing trades for customers but doing some sort of account maintenance (pw resets, IRA distributions, sending them forms, etc.). Everything is tracked and monitored (again, understandable, just be aware before you take the job). After training when you're on the phones all day you don't see much of your coworkers, it's mostly about talking to customers at your cubicle/desk. The job becomes very monotonous quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!