There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

Four stars for the company, two stars for the job.

Former Employee - Financial Representative- Full Trader in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Financial Representative- Full Trader in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that make up this company are really great and not only care about their coworkers, but the surrounding community as well. I made life-long friends here. The training teams were very helpful in helping my entire new-hire class pass our licensing exams and the information I learned has been very helpful for my life in general. My managers seemed genuinely interested in helping me find the right job internally--ironically this helped me realize that my dreams lay outside the company.

Cons

At its core, this is a call-center job--8 hours on the phone (or more). The information you discuss with clients is more complicated than other phone jobs, so you'll be relying on internal information systems since you can't know every little policy or acronym. There's little time to breathe between calls at certain times of the year. Meetings and coaching get cancelled all the time right when you're ready to take a break from the phones. I really could've used some help to improve the work I was doing.

Advice to Management

Perhaps all reps should switch between phones and e-mail/chat daily or by the hour instead of just a couple of teams. I've stayed at a horrible company precisely because of the variety it provided with phones and e-mail. It could do wonders at a company that people actually like. Some issues require much more time to research and would waste less customers' time if you could just call clients back like the more specialized teams can.

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments

1. Fidelity Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

private company customer focus, most employees try work for the client and not the firm.

Cons

slaes driven, wrong manager can ruin a good thing.

Advice to Management

Screen Branch managers better. Some of the Managers are great in NJ and NY and good to work for, some in the PA area are very chalenging to say the least. Be sure to question curent employees before accepting any position. Johnson family is great to work for.

2. Working at Fidelity

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, easy and comfortable atmosphere. Currently fast flow through to higher positions.

Cons

Lower than average pay for similar positions elsewhere.