Fantastic company back in the 1980's; now struggling to regain its footing.

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Smart, talented people.
Great environment for learning more about investing and personal financial management.
Excellent benefits.
Huge firm with worldwide presense and many different operating companies offering, in theory, many different types of opportunities.

Cons

As you advance in your career there, your opportunity to move to a new position is difficult; as with
any "triangular" organizational structure, there are fewer and fewer jobs the higher up you go on the corporate ladder.

Before you ask employees to relocate from Boston or Marlborugh to Rhode Island or elsewhere, think through the implications of the move, such as losing good people and reducing employee morale.

Other Reviews for Fidelity Investments

I miss what it used to be.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros

It's a solid company, for the most part, and I say that knowing that my job will soon be coming to an end. My business unit is going away, but they have been upfront with us about that decision and I appreciate that. I'd have no intention of leaving if it wasn't for the fact the my job is going away.

Cons

It has been Dilbert-ized a lot in recent years. I have loved working for this company, but it has gone down hill a lot since Roger Lawson came in. I'm glad he's leaving, but I think it's a bit too late.

It would be wise to consider some sort of retention program, or all you'll have left to run the department is warm bodies waiting for a severance package. Even a small retention program for your most valued players would help keep the company going through the end.

Overall, a good place

Former Employee - Director - Program Management  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Director - Program Management in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Wonderful people - talented and smart
    Challenging work - pushes your boundries and invites creative problem solving
    Ever changing environment - never the same day twice

Cons

Spin the org chart - change is constant
    Time to market is often the driver, over quality
    Too many people have to wear too many hats - expect to do more than what you're hired to do.

Stop changing executive management, and focus management changes at the SVP/VP level, if you want real change in the company - that's where the sticking point lays

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!