Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com
  www.fidelity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

Decent pay, good work/life but culture stinks, lack of communication

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC
Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

I worked in IT. My immediate team was nice, the pay was good, and I didn't work every weekend. My job was ok. To do my job took wayyyy longer than it needed to take.

Cons

I think the culture is competitive to the point that people don't readily share knowledge. They hide it from each other in order to make themselves look better. That kind of behavior doesn't help a company move forward. They are also way too conservative and never want to take responsibility. Instead, they make decisions by consensus so that no one is to blame if something goes wrong.

1939 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

Professional "dead end" job

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in Florence, KY

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is pretty good for those with no experience. Easy way to obtain series 7 if that is your goal. Great work life balance outside of tax season. Good job to leave work at work.

Cons

Definition of dead end job. Although compensation is good to start, variable compensation is determined by managers who frequently play favorites. Off phone jobs and advancement potential is almost non existent and has little to do with job performance.Micro managing is rampant with too many inputs to job performance. Management frequently says one thing and does another. Management is invested in keeping employees not marketable for superior jobs.

Be consistent.

Poor management

Former Employee - Relationship Manager
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Office Space
    -Technology
    -Support of Call Centers
    -Good for someone looking to start their career and obtaining securities licenses
    -Benefits are okay - not as good as some companies but not bad either

Cons

This is a job - not a career. Your role and upward movement with this company is dependent upon your relationship with senior management. It has little to do with the amount of work you do or your contribution to the organization.

Extremely political atmosphere - most employees are afraid to raise concerns due to repercussions from senior management. There are some very good managers within the company however locally, our managers were very unprofessional and morale within the office was very low as a result. High turnover within company as a result.

Senior management does not do a good job treating their employees as assets. They have a "use and abuse" attitude with most of them and a better outlook would help employees feel valued and feel as though they have a career path within the company. They bait new representatives with a story of how they will be moving up within the company in a short time, however, I have seen AE's in their roles for over ten years that have been unable to move up within the company - despite their best efforts and good job performance due to office politics.

Local and senior management was highly unprofessional and very political. Very much a "good ole boys club." I have never seen a company with this problem at this level in 15 years in brokerage.

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments