There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

I wished my second manager, after being promoted, would have been as excellent as my first manager.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Westlake, TX
Current Employee - Account Executive in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Loved the environment and my initial boss!

Cons

Hard to communicate with my second boss, lacked giving direction and communication skills

Advice to Management

know your peak performers and communicate with them

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great Company with some downsides

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Opportunity to try different careers. I moved around from a contractor to full time then moved into 5 other types of positions within my 19 yrs at Fidelity. Great benefits. I was able to use adoption cost benefits, PC purchasing 3 times, continuing ed assistance, fitness reimbursement, etc. while there. Last job with Mondays off and remote work from home one day was great!

Cons

Company is downsizing and relocating workers in an ongoing basis for the past 4 years. Folks that relocated to NC found they were laid off soon after. They used to RIF in large volumes but appear to do 100 at a time now to go under the radar of media. They do have a great severance package though for those with many years. Recently it's been more difficult to climg the ladder due to cost cuts.

Advice to Management

Don't use outside agencies to see which heads you're cutting. Use more sugical strikes. You're cutting some main arteries by slicing off some brains that are the only ones that know all the intricacies of the existing systems. Makes me concerned for the companie's future service.

Similar to the movie "Office Space"

Current Employee - Pension Analyst in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Pension Analyst in Cary, NC

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros

-Job security -Benefits - great 401k matching and profit sharing opportunities

Cons

-Uneducated and unintelligent employees -Many employees do enough to just get by and are unmotivated to do anything extra -Multiple unprofessional employees -Promotions are not awarded to people when they should be

Advice to Management

Take advantage of the economy and get rid of the underperforming employees. At the same time, reward those who have a desire to do a good job and work hard!