Fidelity Investments

Could be great again.

Current Employee - Principal Systems Analyst in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Principal Systems Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros

The benefits and compensation at Fidelity are outstanding. The competency of the work force stacks up well against other organizations.

Cons

In recent years Fidelity has become stagnant. There seems to be no direction. Much of this has to do with the fact that it is now a large corporation with all that entails. Also, as the work force matures, opportunities for growth become more limited. Senior management is also often clueless as they are trying to save their own jobs.

Please get back to what used to make Fidelity work -- innovation and creativity. Everyone is so worried about saving their own job that they have no time for anything else.

1932 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

Fidelity values work/life balance and functional expertise

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Balancing work and personal life is important at Fidelity; working more than 50 hours per week is rare, and it seems like 40 is the norm. Meanwhile, the health and benefits are great, the 401(K) and profit sharing are top notch, and the monthly employee recognition program is a nice way to relax with your coworkers.

Cons

Internal advancment is slow, especially at the mid and lower levels.

There is a lot of talent leaking out of the organization at the middle and lower levels due to extremely limitted promotion from within. Perhaps we should look internally before hiring a big name from the outside.

Fidelity the real deal.

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros

The pay can be very good.
    It can be a very exciting place. You never know what they might throw at you as a challenge

Cons

Communication from the top down is terrible. We never know where we stand with the company, it is privately owned so there is little information available about how well we are doing.
    Decisions made by senior management seem cavalier, and they leave it to middle level managers to deliver bad news to the rank and file.

Be more transparent, have more courage and don't undermine middle managers.
    Senior managers at time are so worried about how they look, they lose focus on the real work.

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments