Management needs an overhaul

Current Employee - Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA
Current Employee - Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

I loved having flex time and the opportunity to telecommute. The people are what I love most about the company. Even though the management processes aren't my favorite, I still consider the people a second family.

Cons

I had to harass my manager for a review and a raise which occured once out of the five years I worked for the company despite several promotions. We never received a commission even when business was booming. Lower level management lacks backbone and won't be frank with upper management about staff issues or even production problems. Management has been know to yell at employees in front of any one listening. No one is getting performance reviews which may be part of the reason poor managers are kept in their roles for so long.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the mangement team and remove leaders who lack vision and forward thinking. Remove leaders who are meek and afraid to even correct their staff on minor issues. Be open about upcoming changes. Be open about job openings instead of holding private meetings and then suddenly announcing promotions. There should be a fair application process to promotion opportunities instead of management hand picking their favorite friends.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. heads up

Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

its a job...and I appreciate having a job in this screwed-up economy. but, this is the most mismanaged company I've ever worked for.

Cons

this company has weak leadership. management doesn't spend a minute on motivation. it more of a 'what have you done for me lately' type of attitude

Advice to Management

look and review your managers! are the the best out there. do they ever get reviewed? god knows that we don't!

2. Commercial and Public Real Estate

Current Employee - Commercial Projects/Public Acquisitions Manager
    Current Employee - Commercial Projects/Public Acquisitions Manager

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

If you have the fortune of working with a small group of people instead of in a large office, the atmosphere tends to be much better and enjoyable. When things are going good, everyone is happy and the money is flowing.

Cons

Management is very sales and residential driven. Even though the commercial sector has clients that are much more intelligent and easier to work with. There is little if any incentive to be able to advance your career. This is a company where people go here to stay and are happy to not go above and beyond their requirements.

Advice to Management

Work on getting a much younger enthusiastic core of employees to work for the company. Change the way that the departments are structures (i.e., have a system where from the top - down one side of the company works with any and all issues in residential, not commercial and government together... split these dept.'s up). Majority of the people have a working knowledge of residential and that is it. Tunnel vision.