There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity National Title

I think this is a good place to be if you are hard working and are looking for a place to build a career.

Current Employee - Associate Claims Counsel in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Fidelity National Title full-time (more than an year)

Pros

FNF provides excellent opportunities for advancement for its high performers. The nature of the work makes it possible for management to recognize people who are efficient and who are also producing good quality work. Don't worry, this isn't a job where you need to stay in the office for long hours simply to prove that you are a hard worker. I’ve found the workload to be reasonable, especially for a legal job. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how quickly people have been recognized for performance and promoted on my team. It's a great time to be joining FNF if you are ambitious and would like to be a part of a Fortune 500 Company.
The corporate culture is also very friendly and relaxed. FNF provides social events for staff about once a month. I've also found management to be very supportive and interested in developing the careers of its new hires. I get the sense that FNF would like to hire good people and keep them around for a long time. I am very happy with my decision to join FNF.

Cons

Claims handling is somewhat customer service-y. This is a job where you communicate with people outside of FNF regularly, so unfortunately sometimes you encounter people who are difficult to work with. I have dealt with a few people who submitted claims that have seemingly been unable to behave professionally. Invariably those difficult people make it harder to perform the job and take up a disproportionate amount of time.

I would advocate for starting benefits for new hires on the first day of the job.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity National Title (View Most Recent)

Fidelity used to have problems, but now it’s a great place to work.

Current Employee - Associate Claims Counsel in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Fidelity National Title full-time (less than an year)

Pros

After I accepted this job, I saw these reviews and was horrified! I spent the first couple of months in fear because of these reviews. Now that I have worked on the claims of these former employees, I can understand why they are no longer with Fidelity. The work is interesting and challenging. Everyone I work with is helpful and friendly. My manager is awesome! If you learn quickly and are hard-working, you will be successful. If you find that claims handling is not for you, there is a lot of opportunity within the company for those that perform well.

Cons

Dealing with irrational claimants; while the work/life balance is better than most law firms, many of the claims attorneys work late and on weekends.

Career suicide for an attorney in Omaha

Former Employee - Claims Counsel in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Claims Counsel in Omaha, NE

I worked at Fidelity National Title full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours. Position is not difficult. You get to work with some great people (non-managers, outside counsel, outside employees). For the most part if you do your job, management doesn't bother you.

Cons

Unprofessional, unqualified, petty, immoral and vindictive management.
    Teamwork is not welcomed, and is discouraged. Bad corporate environment.
    Unknown/inconsistent performance standards
    Questionable future career development/prospects
    Very little room for promotion. No clear promotion standards within your position.
    Cronyism
    Low salaries for new employees
    Very little performance recognition.

I understand that many of you new grads could be desperate to make rent, loan payments, etc. If that is the case and this is your only offer, I don't blame you for accepting the job. But take it from me, you need to get out ASAP. FNTG is not well-respected locally or nationally amongst other underwriters/lenders. Most attorneys leave within a year or two and if you can get out quick enough, your legal career may be salvageable. This is simply not a place that you will be able to make a long term career.

Omaha is a HR ticking time-bomb. Good luck.

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity National Title