Fifth Third

www.53.com

Good opportunities for growth if you can deal with constantly changing direction

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFifth Third offers competitive salary and a fair benefits package. There are opportunities to grow through an aggressive education plan, mentoring and outside education. It is up to you to direct your career, but there is ample help to get you where you want to go.

ConsThere is little recognition of accomplishments through either positive reinforcement, raises or advancement. Promotions are often politically motivated. The direction of the company is constantly changing creating a "program of the month" kind of mentality. Currently, credit is running the bank and while senior management expresses a desire to grow, it is very difficult to get anything approved.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax credit standards. There is a lot of opportunity out there and other banks are booking business that we are taking a pass on. Look for ways to put business on the books, not for way to decline.

Was a very rewarding job before the large cut in commission pay we all took in January 2011

Mortgage Originator (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third

Pros: Flexibility in my work schedule and the people I work with is very rewarding. I have worked there over 5 years… Cons: Pay has been cut dramatically in the commissions which was due to some Gov't regulatory changes, but they could have… Advice to Senior Management: You will continue to lose good talent unless you re-evaluate the commission pay structure of the Outside MLO's. … More

Terrible Coporate Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third

Pros: You get all the bank holidays and they have a… Cons: I had 4 mangers in the short time I worked there. Every single one of them in their quest to climb the corporate ladder… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fifth Third.

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!