There are newer employer reviews for Fifth Third

It is a good work envoronment but any PB type postiion with any bank is not considered a lifelong career choice

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Fifth Third

Pros

Aggressively advances from within, positive recognition, and both co-workers and management treat you with respect, allows flexibility, and are readily helpful.

Cons

Pay, but all like position within the financial arena are not paid as well as they used to so I do not fault Fifth Third Bank in these dire economic circumstances for having low pay for this position

It would be better keep good talent by giving them a substantial raise at their current position and invest in their career with Fifth Third than to keep their pay low until either a space for advancement becomes available because it invites attrition. Counter offers after someone finds another job is not the most effective method to keep someone who you really wish would not leave to stay.

573 Other Employee Reviews for Fifth Third (View Most Recent)

OK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third

Pros

my best reason is the people I work with at my branch. I also like the opportunities that fifth third offers.

Cons

do not like dealing with the customers at branch. do not get the recognition i deserve. there is a lot of product pushing.

Great benefits, poor branch management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley Park, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley Park, MO

I worked at Fifth Third

Pros

Fifth Third offers great benefits packages, are very flexible with work/life schedules and balance, and provide many opportunities to network with other members within the affiliate.

Cons

Training is totally insufficient and does not prepare you for the job at all, management at this location is never there (as in probably only works 30 hours/week and goes on 2-3 hour lunch breaks), cannot answer the most basic of banking questions, never goes over performance or provides feedback in any way, and will speak to you like a child instead of an employee/co-worker. The manager at the Valley Park location is by far the most frustrating aspect of this job.

There are newer employer reviews for Fifth Third