Fifth Third
www.53.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Can't tell people the Truth, because it's considered rude to tell customers they are wrong!!

Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of upward movement. Employee banking benefits. The experience will help you in the banking industry. Good at silently telling customers their opinions. Customer service is a high priority.

ConsIts very easy to get promoted, but you don't get many of them. You get promoted quickly to your "glass ceiling." The health benefits are awful! Dealing with customers that don't understand banking. Banking isn't a right it's a priviledge, and your bankers need to be respected. Customer Service that is too highly pushed, becomes forced, and feels insincere.

A conservative company that needs more human capital

Associate Portfolio Manager (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work life balance, cost of living, Direct Management, Co-workers, opportunity… Cons: Upper management does not convey the direction of the bank very well, education tools lacking, not enough… Advice to Senior Management: Improve education opportunites Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Working at Fifth Third Bank

Retail Personal Banker (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company seems to be stable in an unstable industry and… Cons: Retail attitude is just get sales, no matter what. Advice to Senior Management: Remove lazy managers and employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fifth Third.

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fifth Third reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fifth Third CEO Kevin T. Kabat. All reviews posted anonymously by Fifth Third employees.