Fifth Third

www.53.com

Okay for a first banking job but very few opportunites to advance and low hours.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Flint, MI

ProsWilling to hire in with little expierence.
Benifits for PT employees.
Willing to hand out more responsibilities.
Compensation for reaching goals.
Competitave pay with yearly raises based on performance.

ConsReferral Goals have become rediculous. What qualifies as a referral has changed as well as the type of accounts making it very hard to convience people to open accounts.
Payouts for success have gone down.
Cuts have been made across the board with management and tellers. This has caused a staffing shortage and PT tellers are now kept to 20 hours with high traffic and low employees causing long lines and high stress.
Company just overhauled all their personal accounts and are about to do business accounts as well. There is very little information and preparation for the employees, lots of uncertanity, and the bank has now made it difficult for customers to bank there.
I wouldn't bank there if I wasn't an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your customers as people not just numbers and have accounts to fit their needs not every customer every time needs a product or service thrown at them.
Make opportunities avaliable for advancement into different areas based on strengths.
Make point goals realistic instead of raising them each year especially with the number of households going down from deposit simplification.

OLP Internship Experience

Operation Leadership Program (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Meet with many high level executives, including CEO. Work as a… Cons: For the OLP only - minimal relocation with only two… More

They treat their employees the same as their customers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great pay and benefits. A lot of opportunity to move up and expand.… Cons: Its like a small town were rumors fly and get distorted. Higher management can be… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure you hear both sides of a story before… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fifth Third.

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!