There are newer employer reviews for Fifth Third

Tale of two companies

Current Employee - Credit Center in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Credit Center in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities! I've never felt so appreciated as I do in my current job at the bank. I would certainly recommend this company to a friend...in fact I have several times.

Cons

On the flip side...I never felt so unappreciated as I did in my prior role with the company (retail banking). You are pulled in every different direction and spread so thin that your goals feel impossible. Find a job anywhere but retail with this company and you will be very happy!

Keep up the good work! Figure out a way to make the foot soldiers of the bank (retail employees) feelI important and not so stressed.

reviews filtered by

Investment Executive Review

Former Employee - Investment Executive in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Investment Executive in Orlando, FL

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits and free/discounted banking services such as checking accounts, mortgage, credit card or car loans.

Cons

No real financial planning just commissioned based sales. branch employees are pretty financially illiterate. most are just told to sell whatever the product of the week is not what the customer actually needs. the sales managers manage by threats ie " you will be fired" if this or that is not done

hire people with financial knowledge and background. simplify the confusing pay plan for the position.

2. Solid, but typical regional bank

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very people friendly, decent products, not too competitive of an environment

Cons

Management is below average with regard to the competition, innovation, and, most of all, motivation...

Show better leadership and get some savior faire and moxy... Stop being so 'midwestern' and plain...

There are newer employer reviews for Fifth Third