There are newer employer reviews for Filter

One of the area's top tech/design/editorial recruiters for contract workers at Microsoft and Amazon among others.

Former Employee - Contractor  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Contractor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Filter

Pros

If you're interested in working as a contractor, Filter can offer some terrific opportunities in terms of their access to large tech companies in the Seattle area. They're one of the longest-running agencies in the area. Their benefits package is as good as any other local contracting agency. They try to promote a sense of community among their contractors in what is otherwise a pretty fragmented way to do business (hopping from assignment to assignment).

Cons

Filter is an advocate for its corporate clients, not its contractors, so the contractors whom they employ are, in many ways, on their own. Contractors rarely receive feedback from Filter about performance unless it's negative, so one must assume that no news is good news. Employment is at-will, so one can be terminated at any time for any reason without the opportunity to challenge. Challenge may be met with pushback that supports the corporate client's perspective rather than investigating the contractor's position.

Find more ways to be advocates for the contractors you employ. Though all contractors understand that Filter can't employ anyone without corporate clients, finding ways to substantially demonstrate that you advocate to said corporate clients on behalf of contractors (for example, in terms of wages) would go a long way toward polishing up the company's reputation as an employer.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Filter (View Most Recent)

I like FILTER.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Filter

Pros

I have a great boss and I like my co-workers. We have a cool office location and we get free bus passes.

Cons

We are in the staffing industry, which sometimes gets a bad rap.

Keep the lines of communication open.

Stingy with Vacation Time

I have been working at Filter as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good opportunities, some of the project managers are cool, exposure to Fortune 50 companies, solid online tools, cool logo

Cons

vacation and sick leave are stingy, difficult to acquire yearly cost of living raises, project manager turnover is frustrating

There are newer employer reviews for Filter

Worked for Filter? Contribute to the Community!