Financial Engines

www.financialengines.com
There are newer employer reviews for Financial Engines

Great work-life balance.

I have been working at Financial Engines

Pros

This is a great starter company for financial services or a good place to escape the pressure of the brokerage world.

Cons

There are no defined career ladders here. Also, the compensation will depend on your job title and which location you work at.

Create career ladders.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Financial Engines (View Most Recent)

Great place to work but at the time of my employment hours were long and more employees were needed.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Financial Engines

Pros

Salary was very good, benefits great, people in the trenches were competent and fun to work with. Holiday and PTO typical of most companies. The best part of working there was knowing you were helping folks to utilize financial benefits provided by their companies but never fully explained. The product is priceless and the results of using FE as my own 401k adviser during one of the worst economic downturns resulted in my being able to move and purchase a home with my 401k.

Cons

Some of the Senior Management group did not always seem up to the job they were hired for and misused funds in my opinion.

Overall CEO did excellent job of steering company and was tireless in the execution of his duty. Where I would say he went wrong was in the process for adding and terminating senior management. It is hard for an employee to watch good folks being let go.

Full of nice, intelligent people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Financial Engines

Pros

While I met some of the smartest people in the corporate world here, environment is very collegial and not cut-throat. There are many Stanford/Berkeley phds, and ex-stanford professors in investment management. The environment is very academic and encourages learning. People work hard but make time to help others. Health/vacation benefits are great. The recreation room is also great. Free beverages (sodas, sparkling water, etc.) and breakfast/snack foods.

Cons

Salary is a bit below industry.

Keep up the good work.