Can you find heaven on earth in a job? Well, YES!

Current Employee - Senior Portfolio Analyst  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Senior Portfolio Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Financial Engines full-time for more than a year

Pros

FE has a wonderful balance of academic theory and real life application. It's wonderful to have a job in finance where you know the organization is really trying to help people (small or big account). You can sleep well at night. There are high standards here, great managers, top management is really accessible, incredible work life balance, and you don't have to wear a suit to work. The work is engaging and the culture is just plain happy. No big egos here. FE is the best place to work at.

Cons

The main office is in Sunnyvale.

Other Reviews for Financial Engines

Great work-life balance.

I have been working at Financial Engines

Pros

This is a great starter company for financial services or a good place to escape the pressure of the brokerage world.

Cons

There are no defined career ladders here. Also, the compensation will depend on your job title and which location you work at.

Create career ladders.

Great place to work but at the time of my employment hours were long and more employees were needed.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Financial Engines

Pros

Salary was very good, benefits great, people in the trenches were competent and fun to work with. Holiday and PTO typical of most companies. The best part of working there was knowing you were helping folks to utilize financial benefits provided by their companies but never fully explained. The product is priceless and the results of using FE as my own 401k adviser during one of the worst economic downturns resulted in my being able to move and purchase a home with my 401k.

Cons

Some of the Senior Management group did not always seem up to the job they were hired for and misused funds in my opinion.

Overall CEO did excellent job of steering company and was tireless in the execution of his duty. Where I would say he went wrong was in the process for adding and terminating senior management. It is hard for an employee to watch good folks being let go.

There are newer employer reviews for Financial Engines.

Worked for Financial Engines? Contribute to the Community!