Financial Engines

www.financialengines.com

Its like a government office in third world country

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThey are in the valley.

ConsI agree with some of the reviews here on Glassdoor.com... this place does not have a vibe of a high tech company. They are very slow in adapting anything new. The technology they were using in 2013, was the technology I used in 2007-2008 in another company.
Once the excitement of new job was over - I quickly figured that I had just depreciated value of my career. During my run here, I did not learn anything new in terms of technology (I mean it...). There was no scope for innovation or learning.

I went to Financial Engines from a start-up. At our 20 people startup - our direction changed frequently, it was exhausting - but there was leadership, there was a vision! At Financial Engines, there is NO vision, and absolutely NO leadership. There is tons of micromanagement - if thats what you are looking for go and join Financial Engines.

People are another topic of discussion too. Yes, most of the people there have been around for a very long time (I don't know if that is good either..); They know functionality very well...and they WILL NOT share the knowledge...! They guard their turf! Not one manager/director/VP has diverse teams.

Mixed... wild wild west and wonderful until they went public and shifted dramatically culturally

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Financial Engines

Pros: Passion, intensity, camaraderie amongst lower level employees Cons: horrendous work life balance; tail wags the dog; if you're not in the 'in' group of managers… Advice to Senior Management: start listening to the employees that are closest to the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not for rockstar engineers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Financial Engines full-time for more than a year

Pros: Probably a good company for engineers seeking "stability" over growth. Cons: Note: The review is about Financial Engines Tech organization only (may be Prod Management too), HR, Legal may be more desirable to employees. 1. From Technology… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of your current tech management! Bring some new… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Financial Engines.

Worked for Financial Engines? Contribute to the Community!