There are newer employer reviews for FindTheBest.com

Great culture, smart people, beautiful location

I have been working at FindTheBest.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The energy here at FTB is very strong and very positive. The company is very selective in hiring and it's paying off. Very flat organization -- very few layers of management. Anybody who is willing to take the initiative can own a project and run with it. People are smart and energetic and really enjoy hanging out together. Lots of great food is always on hand and exercise classes every day.

Cons

It's an intense culture, so it's not for everybody. People work hard, get in early and stay late.

Advice to Management

Pats on the back -- do more of that.

Other Employee Reviews for FindTheBest.com

Great culture, smart people, growing quickly!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at FindTheBest.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great people: FindTheBest (FTB) aims to hire "smart athletes" (i.e. people who are intelligent and competitive) - this results in everyone at the company doing their part to succeed. - Great leadership: Kevin O'Conner has been through this process before and brings invaluable insight to a quickly growing company. - Interesting problems: The technical problems that arise at FTB are intellectually stimulating and I've had plenty of freedom to pursue the paths which I found most interesting.

Cons

- Long hours: It's a startup, there is more work than there are people to do it.

Advice to Management

Be careful to maintain our company culture while we scale.

Great CEO, Need Better Management

Pros

Kevin O'Connor did a great job setting up the framework for a good idea to develop into a business. A lot of autonomy and transparency

Cons

Too much emphasis on being "competitive"

Advice to Management

Spend time with your employees and motivate them by providing learning/growing opportunities. Give them resources and training tools to develop personally and professionally. Aside from KO, management lacks vision and direction.

FindTheBest.com Response

Feb 10, 2014 – Recruiter

1. We strive to build a team of competitive individuals because we want to hire driven people who are excited by the opportunity of tackling big problems. 2. Not only have we fortified the ... More