Finisar
www.finisar.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

Poor, Poor management!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Horsham, PA

I worked at Finisar

ProsOk place to work, when they have work to do. People who work in the assembly are are nice. Some engineers are nice.

ConsFalse hope of having a long term job. Don't expect to work there more than a year. They move all products to other countries for assembly and testing. This company is exactly what is WRONG with American manufacturing and why we are failing as a country.

Very poor management. Our group would go days with our manger speaking to us. He would sit at his desk on his computer or be talking to someone in another department for hours, but he never addressed our group or said hello. If you are a buddy of your manager and socialize with him outside of work (ie buying him drinks), your job should be safe as they tend to keep their "favorite employees" around longer.They ask you to work overtime on the weekend and then when you go to work on Monday there is nothing to do and you just sit around for hours doing nothing. They waste a lot of money by doing this but they don't seem to care.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people fairly and tell people the truth, please.

It was a good, somewhat boring part-time job.

Process Technician (Former Employee)
Champaign, IL

I worked at Finisar

Pros: I got a good pay for the type of work I… Cons: People in the office were usually pretty busy and there was not much time for… Advice to Senior Management: The leadership was pretty good. The head engineer in my office was friendly. I got… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

very trying

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Finisar

Pros: high tech company that is a leader Cons: everyone mostly are backstabbers, outsourcing the business to asia Advice to Senior Management: focus on the us employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Finisar.

Worked for Finisar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Finisar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Finisar CEO Eitan Gertel. All reviews posted anonymously by Finisar employees.