Poor, Poor management!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Horsham, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I worked at Finisar

Pros

Ok place to work, when they have work to do. People who work in the assembly are are nice. Some engineers are nice.

Cons

False hope of having a long term job. Don't expect to work there more than a year. They move all products to other countries for assembly and testing. This company is exactly what is WRONG with American manufacturing and why we are failing as a country.

Very poor management. Our group would go days with our manger speaking to us. He would sit at his desk on his computer or be talking to someone in another department for hours, but he never addressed our group or said hello. If you are a buddy of your manager and socialize with him outside of work (ie buying him drinks), your job should be safe as they tend to keep their "favorite employees" around longer.They ask you to work overtime on the weekend and then when you go to work on Monday there is nothing to do and you just sit around for hours doing nothing. They waste a lot of money by doing this but they don't seem to care.

Treat people fairly and tell people the truth, please.

Other Reviews for Finisar

It was a good, somewhat boring part-time job.

Former Employee - Process Technician  in  Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Process Technician in Champaign, IL

I worked at Finisar

Pros

I got a good pay for the type of work I was doing. The hours were very flexible and the people pretty friendly.

Cons

People in the office were usually pretty busy and there was not much time for interaction. I wish I would have found out earlier that would not need me any more.

The leadership was pretty good. The head engineer in my office was friendly. I got to meet only one person from higher management, so I can't really comment much about it.

very trying

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Finisar

Pros

high tech company that is a leader

Cons

everyone mostly are backstabbers, outsourcing the business to asia

focus on the us employees

There are newer employer reviews for Finisar.

Worked for Finisar? Contribute to the Community!