Finisar

www.finisar.com
There are newer employer reviews for Finisar

very trying

I worked at Finisar

Pros

high tech company that is a leader

Cons

everyone mostly are backstabbers, outsourcing the business to asia

focus on the us employees

44 Other Employee Reviews for Finisar (View Most Recent)

This is just my 2 cents: About Work Here on Production Floor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Finisar

Pros

It being super nice if you are stay long enough. As i know, one of the Vietnam guy making easy dollars here, more than 68hrs on time-sheet, but hanging around in mostly time.

GYM area

Flexible

Cons

Poor management, mess up everywhere

Performance review for mid-term managers and lead person in every 6 moths

Documentation control improvement

Hire some more of quality person

what a weird trip it has been

I worked at Finisar

Pros

collegial atmosphere among and between most workgroups. bright, and mostly idealistic, people who try harder because of competitive industry segment. flexible working hours. casual and informal work environment. attempt to create a "we are family" atmosphere.

Cons

senior management flounders around when creating a strategy, fails to get buy-in from everyone (when it even bothers to communicate strategy out to the rest of the company), executes poorly. average age of senior mgmt is fairly high, wonder what they've learned at prior positions. approach to work is blue-collar type of "git 'er done" mentality. approach to competitors is either "shoot 'em up" like a bunch of cowboys or throw money at them by buying them out; only to realize after the fact that the IP or market share purchased is worth mostly tiddly-winks. management is by personality instead of by principles. weird incestuous relationship between senior management team where they will fight tooth and nail among themselves, but gang up in a moment against anyone outside senior management team.

stop sweethearting money to senior management to buy their loyalty. loyalty that is bought cannot be kept when the money dries up. outsource processes as necessary, critical company IP has already been stolen many times over. with outsourcing you at least can zero in on the source of the leaks or thefts. get out of mainland china, they're a smug bunch of thieves. get out of malaysia, their greatest ambition in life is to match the smugness and thievery of the chinese operations. move cleanroom manufacturing to north-central thailand. either create operational processes or buy them off the shelf, simply accept the fact that we are weak on process-orientation. get off the "gee-whiz" high of super-cool finisar technology, we don't have an exclusive on the tech and never will.

There are newer employer reviews for Finisar