Don't believe what they say!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lithonia, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lithonia, GA

I worked at Finish Line

Pros

Discount, pretty coworkers, and gaining better people skills.

Cons

Impossible sales goals, constantly being talked down to, having to do too many tasks while head manager just does nothing but complain all day. At first I tried to take this job seriously, but after a while it just becomes a joke. You never have shoes people want to buy and if you do their size is never in stock. I remember days when my head manager would complain about me not selling enough stuff, but would put me on the cash register while he went on the floor to sell things and he doesn't work off commission. When another employee would ask my head manager how to do something on the computer he would just tell me to show them while he just glared out the door.

Come up with realistic goals. Actually have peoples shoe size. Stop expecting employees to have conversations with customers. Some customers just want to look without being talked to and I respect that and you should too.

Other Reviews for Finish Line

Truly a Premium Employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Finish Line

Pros

Offers opportunity to be exposed to high level projects and high level executives
    Executives are engaged and accessable
    Promotes internal employee development
    Performance based pay and bonuses
    On site fitness facility
    Break room with free access to arcade, pool, ping pong etc
    Great employee discount and perks
    Open collaborative environment

Cons

The fast paced environment is not for everyone, but for those on top of their game, the rewards are great!

It is a wonderful place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Finish Line

Pros

Flexible schedule. Friendly co-workers. Amazing discount for employees. Very understanding when it comes to taking time off. Overall great place!

Cons

Sales goals are the worst. They force you to demonstrate shoe cleaning products, and that a lot of the time means rejection from customers.

Management was wonderful. I really never had any serious issues with my managers. They were very helpful and understanding towards me.

There are newer employer reviews for Finish Line.

Worked for Finish Line? Contribute to the Community!