Finish Line

There are newer employer reviews for Finish Line

MIT

Current Employee - MIT in Laredo, TX
Current Employee - MIT in Laredo, TX

I have been working at Finish Line full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great starting position. average commision

Cons

No raises until you get a store. Long hours. low base pay.

higher base pay or at least give bonuses since MIT run the store and store managers just get credit for it.

356 Other Employee Reviews for Finish Line (View Most Recent)

Work

I have been working at Finish Line full-time

Pros

Great development into sales leaders

Cons

Overwork not enough pay at times

Pay AM more money

Under Appreciated

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Finish Line part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at Finish Line and truly enjoyed competing to become the top sales associate each month. (My old Manager paid the top sales associate a commission out of his pocket.) I truly enjoyed working with all of my friendly co workers selling products that I had a high interest in.

Cons

My employee report stated that I was the best associate to ever set foot in the store. How was I rewarded for my work?
    1. No notice that my store was closing down.(New anchor store was being put in the mall and rent went up for the Finish Line location) A new manager had come in and lied to me about attempting to notify me through a phone call but I "Didn't answer". Nope never got a phone call
    2. Was told that I could not work at the next closest store because other employees had already filled in all the spots there. This changed after the District Manager who continued to try to smooth talk his way into having me work at a store 45mins away from my home heard my side of the story. They then allowed me to work at the next closest store where I literally got some shifts that were under 3 hours?!?
    3. When the company switched their pay from hourly wage to commission it hurt all employees who had been with the company for a substantial amount of time. Any small raises I had received over the years had been knocked off and I was sent down to a pathetic below minimum wage hourly base rate. The new system made it practically impossible for an employee at a small store like mine to make extra money. All of the employees became unmotivated and just settled for the guaranteed minimum wage hourly rate.

1.Reward your top employees