There are newer employer reviews for Finish Line

Great job....if you're single

Former Employee - Manager  in  Rocky Mount, NC
Former Employee - Manager in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at Finish Line

Pros

If you are into shoes, etc. this is a great place to work. Company discount is decent. Benefits are good, especially the managers convention, where your travel, hotel, etc are covered...nightly activities and tons of free stuff. Pay wasn't bad, and there were opportunities for bonuses each month. Occasional free shoes throughout the year.

Cons

Hours were rough, especially in a smaller store. If you don't have the labor budget to have hourly assistant managers or sales people to fill in, you would have to pick up the slack (managers are salary so your time on the clock doesn't come out of your labor budget). Also seemed to catch a lot of heat if the store was underperforming (regardless if you were located in a mall where more stores were going out of business than staying open). You were forced to stick to a marketing plan developed at the home office. For example, I was forced to put all my college apparel in the front of a store in a town that had no colleges and with very little college sports following. The only time it sold was when the price was cut dramatically. I was reprimanded for moving it to the back of the store and moving something to the front that was more important to my customers.

Allow a little more creative freedom to management. They generally know their customers better than someone in the home office hundreds of miles away.

294 Other Employee Reviews for Finish Line (View Most Recent)

Finish line is a great company

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Finish Line

Pros

The finish line training is great

Cons

There were no downfalls of my knowledge

Keep up the good job

maybe differs from store to store....

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Finish Line

Pros

Fun & fast atmosphere.
    Comfortable uniform.
    Very diverse customers, opportunity to get to know some interesting people.
    Nice training program.

Cons

Very anal about loss prevention--couldn't even use the bathroom without a key from a manager.
    Doesn't seem to really care about its employees.
    Very weird system around sales goals--sales $$$ were not as important as variety and physical quantity.

While it is important to ensure a variety of your products are being sold, you're still making the money either way so what's the point?

There are newer employer reviews for Finish Line

Worked for Finish Line? Contribute to the Community!