Finish Line

Not Bad

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Akron, OH
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Akron, OH

I worked at Finish Line

Pros

Fun Atmosphere
Good Discount
Work around your schedule

Cons

Unfair Sales Objectives
Busted my butt to get paid less than others who had been there for awhile and already had raises

Make raises based on managements discretion... not meeting all 3 sales numbers... unfair and un-achievable. Didn't hate my experience but wish things were more fair. I was a hard worker and rarely got any of the praise or bonuses I deserved. GO TO COMISSION... People work harder if they benefit

340 Other Employee Reviews for Finish Line (View Most Recent)

"if you do not have to work here, don't"

Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Finish Line

Pros

30% discount, co workers were amazing all very fun and friendly, you get to work around shoes, very flexible with hours and breaks, if you have been there for a while you get to do much more than the other people.

Cons

There was a point where I loved Finish Line. I have been working there for a year.We recently got a new manager who does not know anything about managing a store. He likes to give all the credit to himself, which is not fair. We are suppose to get a shoe in 45 seconds it took us like 3 minuetes because stock was never put up so there was always shoes on the floor which made it hard to move the ladders. I had won best seller of the weekend and was suppose to get a $25 gift card, I never got it and then someone won a $10 itunes card and never got it either, so they don't keep their promises. Ridiculous things you have to sell to people like cleaners and stuff that customers never want to buy and if you don't sell enough of those you don't get hours. They expect you to sell to much but yet they don't pay you commission. Luckily, I am now moving to a different job and got asked if i would stay if I got a raise. I thought to myself "you couldn't even give me a $25 gift card and you are going to "try" to give me a raise, yeah right" Oh yeah and you are expected to work every weekend friday, saturday and sunday. Its fine to work every weekend but once in a while you would like to have a sunday off, so basically this takes job takes up your life. One of the managers said once that he only hires people with no life, so if you play sport or are in any other thing they won't hire you because they always want yo to be there, so basically if you don't have a life this job is perfect for you. Honestly, if you can find a better job then take it, finish line is way to demanding and the pay isnt enough for all the hard work.

keep your promises, should really appreciate employees more,

Finish Line SUCKED!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Finish Line

Pros

The employee discount was awesome I LOVED it! 30% and most of the other employees were nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

When I first began working at Finish Line it was amazing I had no complaints whatsoever. Then the DM fired my manager for something VERY petty! They brought in a new manager that was completely incompetent. I had been working at finish line for about 5 months at the time and he came in trying to tell the old staff like me things that we had never heard of before. He hired new staff and all the people that had been there prior to him coming in hardly got any hours! I went from working atleast 4 days a week to WORKING ONLY ONCE EVERY OTHER WEEK! The new assistant managers were just rude and prior to the new manager I was allowed to use my discount on ANY purchase I would make then the new manager said the shoes had to be for just me. For the 6 months I had worked there it had never been like that.

Make it clear to your employees what you want instead of just getting mad and talking behind the associates backs.

If you can't afford to give the current employees any hours DONT BRING IN NEW ONES!

There are newer employer reviews for Finish Line